rose38

The Lazy Blogger - Rose Mary Boehm

I think, I write, I am a poet, I am a photographer, I am opinionated, I am political - and not always in this order. I read in five languages and sometimes dig up some interesting stuff.

The Preacher (Patrik Hedstrom, Book 2) - Camilla Läckberg It's one the most boring books I've read in a loooooooong time. A friend left it in my house after she visited a couple of weeks ago, having bought it typically in one of the airport bookshops. Now I know why she didn't take it with her to read on the return flight. I am lying, I didn't read it. I stopped after the first 40 or so pages. I didn't identify with any of the characters, none of which came over as living people I might take an interest in. Couldn't care less whether they were alive or dead, and the plot ... no discernible plot by the time I finished reading (around page 45). The human interest bits were human non-interest bits. If you are into the occasional whodunnit novel, then stay well away. I don't think Camilla Läckberg will make the New York Crime Fiction Beststeller list. But then, who knows, Dan Brown was an international success.